We offer you the opportunity of a free trial of the Tier-1 to prepare a future regular Tier-1 project application. You can test if your software runs well on the Tier-1 and do the scalability tests that are required for a project application.
If you want to check if buying compute time on our infrastructure is an option, we offer a very similar free programme for a test ride.
Characteristics of a Starting Grant
- The maximum amount is 500 nodedays.
- The maximal allowed period to use the compute time is 4 months.
- The total disk storage should not surpass 250 GiB.
- The allocation is personal and can't be transferred or shared with other researchers.
- Requests can be done at any time, there are no cutoff days.
- The use of this compute time is free of charge.
Procedure to apply and grant the request
- Download the application form for a starting grant version 2019 (docx, 33 kB).
- Send the completed application by e-mail to the Tier-1 contact address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your local VSC coordinator in cc.
- The request will be judged for its validity by the Tier-1 coordinator.
- After approval the Tier-1 coordinator will give you access and compute time.
If not approved, you will get an answer with a motivation for the decision.
- The granted requests are published on the VSC website. Therefore you need to provide a short abstract in the application.